Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Journey - Down Under !!



The flight took off and slowly the city lights started fading away into the clouds. I am not fascinated by the window view of anyplace other than the Himalayas when flying from Delhi to Kolkata and the descending of the flight in Sydney. I have never loved a breaking out from the clouded sky so much.
It was then that I realised that I have packed up for good, that it was the moment of my life that I waited so much. It was that moment when the running tears from my eyes could not justify if I would want to be in the flight or jump out, will I regret it for all the organised chaos I will not be a part of henceforth or am I going to phase out into a different human being who would search for solace. I knew life is not easy in the other side, but well, I was not warned that it was not doable.

I flight attendant extended her smile with a wet tissue and I thanks that existing good world who are ready to absorb my sadness. After the 18 hours with transit and break and change of flight and change of the contour of human physiology, I finally rush out to win the fight of surviving claustrophobia towards the end of the journey. It is 8:45PM here which is the busiest time of the day in any airport across India. We are in a deserted, quiet with hardly anybody. We followed the arrow bridge and walked a long way till we came to the escalator and then directly into the immigration section. “Hey Mate… this way please.” The friendly Aussie airport security staffs on duty calls out. Security check was done and we were out of Melbourne airport within no time.

This is another beginning, another adventure and another journey. This one has one difference than the rest… there is no going back. I remembered the Jamaica song, “I got to say, I am on my way and won’t be back for many a days. My heart is down my head’s not turning around …”


I don't know when I will get be back to this page once again after putting the puzzles of this new land in place. I have read a couple to snippets about the land, its vastness, its people and the surprises. The only hope for us is we learn and build our sand castle with these surprises.

All The Best - Australia !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gippsland's - Grand Ridge Road

The Grand Ridge  Route: - Warragul -> Morwell -> Traralgon -> Yarram -> Foster -> Leongatha -> Korumburra -> Wa...